Dr. Babikir Mustafa Ahmed is a Senior Consultant histopathologist/ cytopathologist with an MBBS degree (Khartoum, Sudan) and Clinical Medical Doctorate in Pathology, a four modular degree with partial fulfilment in thesis.
He was appointed as Assistant Professor in the University of Khartoum, Medical School, and a Consultant Histopathologist in Soba University Hospital & National Health Laboratory (Ministry of Health, Sudan). He has also worked as a Senior Medical Laboratory Specialist in the Ministry of Health in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Ahmed moved to the United Kingdom where he obtained membership of the Royal College of Pathologists and completed his specialist training (MRCPath, CCST); and obtained the Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologist (FRCPath).
During his stay in UK, he has worked as Consultant & Senior Consultant Histopathologist / Cytopathologist in UK hospitals (2005 – 2018). After which he went back to Khartoum, Sudan where he was appointed as Associate Professor in the University of Khartoum, Faculty of Medicine from 2018 to 2019. And in 2019 was employed by the Armed Forces Medical Services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Areas of Expertise:
- Diagnostic histopathology
- Diagnostic immunohistochemistry.
- Molecular biology for clinical use.
- Laboratory management; quality control, clinical governance.
- Diagnostic skills to include FNA one stop clinics.
- Interpretation of histology, cytology, immunocytochemistry and molecular tests for diagnostic purpose.
- Participation in tumour boards and multi-disciplinary Team Meeting for management of cancer patients.
- Medical education for under & post-graduate students and supervision of research.
- Understanding the principles of research and audit and performing clinical research and audits with closure of audit cycles and implementation of change.